Well we are now into Autumn so today is about using the last of one of summer’s favourites!
- 6 corn, roasted in the oven for 20 minutes and then you remove the husk
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped into small dice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, roasted and crushed
- 1 tsp black peppercorn, crushed
- 1.5 litre vegetable stock
- 12 mussels (steamed, beaded and chopped)
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
Hold one cob upright in a large bowl cut kernels off with a sharp knife , repeat with remaining cobs and put aside separately from the cobs.
Heat a large pot and add the butter, onions & garlic. Saute slowly on a low heat to soften the onions.
Add the flour and cook out for a minute on a low heat. Slowly Add vegetable stock, bay leaf, coriander seed and peppercorns.
Stir well bring to the boil and then turn down to a simmer for 10 mins before adding the potatoes and corn.
Season to taste
Add the parsley and mussels just before serving